The works received will take part of the annual catalogue of short films of the 3D Wire market, a complete selection of more than 200 titles of the latest and best animation works with the contact details of each project to facilitate the distribution and sales of them. Professionals who attend the market could watch all the selected titles in the screening booths.
We can stand out the following sections:
- INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION SHORT FILMS SELECTION: short films completed after January 1st 2015.
- INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION MUSIC VIDEOS SELECTION: music videos completed after January 1st 2015.
- INTERNATIONAL ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PIECES SELECTION: works completed after January 1st 2015.
- NEW! INTERNATIONAL VIRTUAL REALITY SHORT FILMS AND/OR EXPERIENCES SELECTION: all works accepted independently the year of production.
- NATIONAL ANIMATION SHORT FILMS: all the short films submitted for first time in the market and completed after January 1st 2015 participate.
*Stereoscopic works will be accepted in any of the above sections provided they meet the requirements.
EVERY TECHNIQUE OF ANIMATION IS ACCEPTED and the length allowed, credits included, is 30 minutes for the national and international short films and 10 minutes for the music videos and advertising and promotional pieces. The VR works do not have maximum running time.
3D WIRE FEST
Among the selected short films of market’s catalogue a selection will be made and will compose 3D Wire Fest. This selection of short films will be screened for professionals and audience during the days of the market with the aim of promoting these selected works.
3D Wire Fest will award several recognitions given by professionals of the animation and audience as special mentions which will not bring monetary compensation:
- Best International Short Film Jury Award
- Best European Short Film Jury Award
- Best Spanish Short Film Jury Award
- Best International Short Film Audience Award
- Best Spanish Short Film Audience Award
3D Wire is Cartoon d´Or partner festival, unique animation festival in Spain with this recognition. And the European & Spanish short films awarded will be automatically preselected for the prestigious European prize Cartoon D’Or.
SUBMISSIONS OF SHORT FILMS
There isn´t submission fee and the deadline for submissions is May 31st 2016.
You can submit your short film through Shortfilmdepot, Festhome or filling our own entry form.
The selection of short films which will participate in the market and in 3D Wire Fest will be published in September at www.mercado3dwire.es.